One week left!!!!
I cannot believe I am saying this, but I have only 1 week left in Bordeaux... which is insane!! I can't believe that it has gone by so quickly! And that I will soon have to be looking for a job and be a real adult which I am not looking forward to... This is probably only going to be a short one btw.
It has been fairly quiet in these past few weeks both at and away from work because it is getting a bit tiring. Work has been incredibly quiet compared to the previous few weeks as most, if not all, of the tourists have left; in fact, it was if they had all gone at the same time. It feels really weird now not being able to direct lost tourists who want the Tourist Office, a map or the toilet, and there have not been kids groups coming in. I bet the airport must have been busy. I have been recently translating the Press Dossier for the MEC (Maison ecocitoyenne), which I have only recently finished because it was so long, it took me THAT LONG to do. At least I have got a lot more vocabulary I can use, and it made my final Rapport du stage for INSUP a lot easier to write.
I have also recently had to go to INSUP to finish off and hand in some documents (which they didn't exactly give us a lot of notice about, and so I had to write my report in only a few days), and for my final evaluation. Thankfully, that went really well and I was told that I had improved a lot in both my spoken and (to my astonishment) written French. Considering I was getting worried that my French was slipping, I was amazed and incredibly encouraged.
I have also been incredibly happy to say that I have finally ticked something off my lists to do here - ask for a meat pie at the Sweeney Todd. I don't know if I mentioned this before but there is a LOT of British pubs, probably from the fact that Bordeaux used to be ruled by the British, one of which is the Sweeney Todd opposite the MEC. I have never seen the film, but have the cast album on my ipod (the stage revival version with Micheal Ball and Imelda Staunton which I really wish I had seen), and even before that, I knew that Todd kills his customers and sends them to his partner-in-crime Mrs Lovett who then turns them into meat pies. So, ever since I saw that pub, all my mad brain wanted to do was to go up to the counter and ask if I could have a meat pie as a joke. And with only 1 week left to go, I can say I did it, the barman's face was priceless and IT WAS SO WORTH IT!!! =P
Speaking of the Sweeney Todd, my colleague found a cafe next door to to it that has just opened and that cooks with seasonal and local produce, so we decided to go there on our lunch break one day. We ended up talking to the guy for ages afterwards and asked for a lot of flyers for the MEC - the food was that good. The bad news is that I can't remember the name of it unfortunately.
Like I said, a short one, but sweet. I am not done with Bordeaux yet, so watch this space
Charlotte
It has been fairly quiet in these past few weeks both at and away from work because it is getting a bit tiring. Work has been incredibly quiet compared to the previous few weeks as most, if not all, of the tourists have left; in fact, it was if they had all gone at the same time. It feels really weird now not being able to direct lost tourists who want the Tourist Office, a map or the toilet, and there have not been kids groups coming in. I bet the airport must have been busy. I have been recently translating the Press Dossier for the MEC (Maison ecocitoyenne), which I have only recently finished because it was so long, it took me THAT LONG to do. At least I have got a lot more vocabulary I can use, and it made my final Rapport du stage for INSUP a lot easier to write.
I have also recently had to go to INSUP to finish off and hand in some documents (which they didn't exactly give us a lot of notice about, and so I had to write my report in only a few days), and for my final evaluation. Thankfully, that went really well and I was told that I had improved a lot in both my spoken and (to my astonishment) written French. Considering I was getting worried that my French was slipping, I was amazed and incredibly encouraged.
I have also been incredibly happy to say that I have finally ticked something off my lists to do here - ask for a meat pie at the Sweeney Todd. I don't know if I mentioned this before but there is a LOT of British pubs, probably from the fact that Bordeaux used to be ruled by the British, one of which is the Sweeney Todd opposite the MEC. I have never seen the film, but have the cast album on my ipod (the stage revival version with Micheal Ball and Imelda Staunton which I really wish I had seen), and even before that, I knew that Todd kills his customers and sends them to his partner-in-crime Mrs Lovett who then turns them into meat pies. So, ever since I saw that pub, all my mad brain wanted to do was to go up to the counter and ask if I could have a meat pie as a joke. And with only 1 week left to go, I can say I did it, the barman's face was priceless and IT WAS SO WORTH IT!!! =P
Speaking of the Sweeney Todd, my colleague found a cafe next door to to it that has just opened and that cooks with seasonal and local produce, so we decided to go there on our lunch break one day. We ended up talking to the guy for ages afterwards and asked for a lot of flyers for the MEC - the food was that good. The bad news is that I can't remember the name of it unfortunately.
Like I said, a short one, but sweet. I am not done with Bordeaux yet, so watch this space
Charlotte
Comments
Post a Comment